Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:13:38 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Steven Lawrance <stl@koffein.net>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Testing 802.11n hostap on AR9220

On 30 July 2012 12:11, Steven Lawrance <stl@koffein.net> wrote:
> Excerpts from Adrian Chadd's message of Mon Jul 30 01:06:26 +0200 2012:
>> Ok. It looks like aggregation aetup is happening badly.
>>
>> Lets narrow it down . Do ifconfig wlanX -ampdutx and retry. Then enable
>> ampdutx and -ampdurx. Lets see whixh breaks it.
>
> It worked fine with -amptudx, and broke again as soon as I reenabled it.

Ok. Please file a PR with all these details, including that ampdutx
broke things.

>> Do you have a freebsd 11n Sta that can be used in mpnitor mode?
>
> Unfortunately, no.  The Broadcom card in my laptop doesn't appear to be
> supported, and I've just moved overseas so I have pretty much no other
> gear at all.  I wouldn't mind picking something else up, especially if
> it improves testing coverage, so let me know if you have any suggestions
> (whether another MiniPCI card to go in the other slot of this ALIX
> board, or a MiniPCI-E card to replace the one in the laptop, or a USB
> device for either).

I'd like to get the ampdu tx issues fixed more than anything else. I
bet that it's something to do with the starting point of the
aggregation session (ie, what sequence number it begins at.) I'll have
to do some further digging, but I don't currently have anything with
that Broadcom NIC in it.

Let me see if I have a broadcom 802.11n NIC in here and if so, I'll
whack it into a Linux laptop and do some basic testing.

Thanks,

Adrian