Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 1995 16:26:37 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Paul Allenby <pallenby@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Update on snmp

The CMU snmp code has been modified to run on FreeBSD, as was announced
in July. The present version supports only version 1 PDU's. It compiles
cleanly, but needs work to remove the non-FreeBSD stuff.

We intend to introduce support for PPP mibs, Frame relay and Frame relay
mibs.

The current version is available via anonymous ftp from
ftp.internat.FreeBSD.org, file pub/FreeBSD.tools/snmp.tgz. Included are
executables compiled under 2.1.0-stable, which should be started up from
the directory containing the mib file mib.txt. Alternatively, the
environment varible MIBFILE should be set to point to mib.txt.

Please test it, break it etc, and send comments, fixes, updates etc to me
at pallenby@mikom.csir.co.za.

 P.D.Allenby

 Mikomtek, CSIR, RSA.

 e-mail: pallenby@mikom.csir.co.za