Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:15:58 +0200
From:      Marcus Franke <marcus.franke@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding isdn support into kernel drives me crazy

Hi all,

its like I wrote in the subject line, this drives me mad.

Maybe Im doing something totally strange and absolutly wrong,
and because of that Im asking here for help.

I have a small box I want to use asterisk with my isdn card with.

So, I had a look in the handbook in the ISDN section and added the
mentioned /usr/share/examples/isdn/KERNEL file to my kernel config
file. Result is an:

config: /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/BEASTIE:236: syntax error
*** Error code 1

This particular line is from the edited isdn-kernel file:

#ISDN Support
device          "ifpi2" 4

# AVM B1/T1
device          "i4bcapi"
device          iavc    4

# protocol stack
device          "i4bq921"
device          "i4bq931"
device          "i4b"

# control devices
device          "i4btrc"        4
device          "i4bctl"
device          "i4brbch"       4
device          "i4btel"        2

# IP over raw HDLC
options         IPR_VJ
device          "i4bipr"        4

# kernel sppp/isppp
device          "i4bisppp"      4

# Netgraph interface
#options         NETGRAPH
#device         "i4bing"        4

I removed the configs for the cards that do not match my AVM B1 (PCI)
card.

I read somewhere I have to have a config line for a passive isdn
device in my config file, if I remove the line config will moan about
the next device line.

Im totally puzzled what to do, everywhere I look I get pushed back to
the stupid /usr/share/examples/isdn/ directory where all my problems
began.

A word about my system:

ISDN card:
none1@pci0:14:0:        class=0x028000 card=0x00000000
chip=0x07001244 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'AVM AUDIOVISUELLES MKTG & Computer GmbH'
    device   = 'B1 ISDN controller'
    class    = network

Kernel:
FreeBSD beastie.marcus-franke.local 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD
6.2-PRERELEASE #8: Mon Oct  9 16:16:01 CEST 2006
root@beastie.marcus-franke.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BEASTIE  i386

Maybe its because I have a RELENG_6 kernel running?

Marcus