Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:21:43 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Gary Bond <garybo@prodigy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moniterm Viking monitor

> Cheers,
>
>   I have aquired a new Viking2 Monitor 19" monochrome, which I
> believe is a serial monitor.

It's actually ECL, not serial.  I can tell you right now that you're
probably wasting your time, except if the card is actually out of an
Apollo, in which case there is (was) rudimentary support in one of the
XFree86 servers for that card, unaccelerated.

>   I don't have any pinout specs, but might it be possible to pin it out
> to be compatible with a hercules card? It will do 1024x768 with .31 dpi.

Actually, the 19" Moniterm is a bit better than that; they used to be
one of the screens you'd get with Sun3 systems, which ran them at
1152x860.  An 8-year-old unit is going to be pretty near death though.

it 'till it explodes.  Or selling it to someone else and trying again.
8)