Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 19:46:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@lakewood.com>
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bad fcs problem in pppd and ijppp

> On Thu, Aug 14, 1997 at 07:08:13AM -0500, Nick Johnson wrote:
> > I've run into a few problems with both ijppp and pppd.  During periods of
> > increased modem activity (so it seems) FCS errors are reported (as HDLC
> > errors in ijppp) and the link becomes unusable.
>
>     I am seeing the exact same thing since my ISP changed over to an
> all digital system with Ascend MAX 4004s and DM-12 Modem cards.  Wish I
> had some insight for you, but I've been stumped by this one for a while
> now :-(

I had similar problems running UUCP over ijppp -- and when I tried another
pop -- it works fine.

Sounds like there may be a common thread here.

Bill

 Bill Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 | 908-389-3592
 pechter@lakewood.com | Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.
 This msg brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.