Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 02:54:32 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <garycorc@idt.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does 3C589D using ep0 need PAO?

Mike Smith wrote:

> > The video chip it uses is the S3 Virge/MX.
> > While XFree86 version 3.3.1 supports the S3 Virge in a few flavors,
> > it doesn't recognize this new MX flavor.
>
> Hmm.  How about the Xi server?  (http://www.xig.com)

Looked around there tonight, but it's also too new for them.
Someone from XFree86 gave me something to try, but I haven't gotten
anything but a mess on my screen so far (almost scary - looks like the
screen is 'melting' like when an old celluloid film (movie) gets burned
through due to the film getting stuck on a single frame - round 'burn
pattern' and all :-)  I'm going to try again tomorrow though...

Gary