Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 13:42:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Newell <mnewell@newell.arlington.va.us>
To:        Michael Kerr <mkerr@cs.ubc.ca>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE and full duplex sound drivers for Gravis MAX

You need to replace the drivers with new ones;  I got them from
rah.star-gate.com; file "guspnp6.tar.gz".  See "http://rah.star-gate.com"
for details.

BTW, instructions are contained in the file; which is unforatunte, 'cause
to get to them you have to unpack the file... :-(  But installation is
pretty simple:

    cd /
    mv /sys/i386/isa/sound /sys/i386/isa/sound.old
    tar xzf guspnp6.tar.gz

worked for me... :-)

Mike