Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:10:17 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org, asami@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Extending BSD.[local,x11].dist to include GNU gettext locale dirs

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 10:53:55AM +0200, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

> On a similar vein, I've asked this before and got no feedback - I'd
> like to suggest that 'www' and 'www/cgi-bin.default' and
> 'www/data.default' be added to the BSD.local mtree.

This seems to make sense - there are a number of ports which install
cgi scripts but which it may not be obvious that they were going to do
so. Sticking these into someone's personalized web tree by default
would be bad.

Kris

P.S. Neil, I know it bugs you when you don't get feedback to your good
ideas here - what this usually means is that no-one cares strongly
enough to object, and you should just do it. I suggest this is one
such case.