Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:51:05 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make release broken (touch: not found)

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Jens Rehsack wrote:

> Maybe a
> # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/touch
> # make && make install
> helps?

Its a bit hard to do because its a make release so chrooted elsewhere and
jsut before it rm -rf's the directory. i could try inserting an explicit
make of touch in the makefile however I guess.

Just lookign the the make release log....

rm -rf /disk2/release 2>/dev/null
*** Error code 1 (ignored)
chflags -R noschg /disk2/release/.
rm -rf /disk2/release
mkdir -p /disk2/release
>>> make release for i386 started on Sat Nov 23 02:30:10 GMT 2002
cd /usr/src/release/.. && /usr/bin/make TARGET_ARCH=i386 TARGET=i386
-DNOGAMES -DNOHTML -DNOINFO -DNOMAN  -DNOPROFILE installworld
DESTDIR=/disk2/release
mkdir -p /tmp/install.38963
for prog in [ awk cat chflags chmod chown date echo egrep find grep  ln
make makewhatis mtree mv perl pwd_mkdb rm sed sh sysctl  test true uname
wc zic; do  cp `which $prog` /tmp/install.38963;  done

**** Should it build touch there?

<snip>

>>> Making hierarchy

<snip - mtree stuff here>

<snip - header installing>

>>> Installing everything..

*** shouldn't there have been some building somewhere before the install?
I haven't got a log of a successful build to check against but this seems
odd.

Andrew