Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:12:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John M. Papalia" <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.2-Stable/Netscape woes

Hey all...

I've been trying to solve a series of problems for the past month, and
well, quite frankly, I need help =) Just thought I'd hit ya with them one
at a time...  I searched the mail archives, and found no direct answer
with solution to this question:

Upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8 no problems.  Went from 2.2.8 to 3.2 no
problem.  *Almost* everything works great.  Installed netscape
communicator 4.5-us from the ports no problem.  When I try to run, I get

merlin# netscape &
merlin# ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXt.so.6.0"
[1]    Exit 1                        netscape

Following several hints I found, I tried to make sure everything was
installed.  From pkg_info, I verify the following are installed:

libsx-1.1           Simple X Windows library
libtool-1.3         Generic shared library support script
linux_base-5.2      The base set of packages needed in Linux mode

Also, using locate, I verify the following:

/usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6.0
/usr/compat/linux/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libXt.so.6.0
/usr/compat/linux/usr/i486-linuxaout/lib/libXt.so.6.0

a simple modification of my path does not help.

Any thoughts?  I tried reading up on ldconfig, but got lost.

Thanks!!!
--John