Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:36:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Barry Bouwsma <freebsd-misuser@remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: probe ordering of interfaces

Mike Meyer wrote:

> > Even more specifically, I have a drive that I either attach
> > via firewire on one machine, or via USB on a different box.
> > I wish this drive to always be da0.  I can connect it to a

> You can do this in the config file.
> device		ahc0		# AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
> device		scbus0 at ahc0	# SCSI bus (required)

Ah, thanks.  Ah, hmmm.  Ah, yes.  Ah, oh no.

Hmmm, you see, at the moment, I'm using kernel modules for my
firewire and also usb support.  (I'm not even sure I could build
a kernel from the same code base, without a bunch of work to track
down where I've hid the hacked source for the usb support, in
particular, if I'd want to -- the ease with which I can add and
back out, say, ehci awareness is one reason why I'm not yet
ready to change.)

I suspect that I'll have to wake up a bit and grovel around in
the source to get things working for me...

Thanks for the reply anyway.
barry bouwsma