Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:47:58 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gigabyte motherboards

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Gary D. Margiotta wrote:

> Just a quick (hopefully) question regarding gigabyte motherboards...
>
> We are currently running a Gigabyte GA-586HX board, and plan on getting
> another, but I wanted to know if anybody knew whether the GA-586-S board
> with the SIS chipset rather than the Intel was any better or worse.
> Personally, I think worse because it is cheaper, but you never know. TIA!

Have a look at the chipset comments at http://sysdoc.pair.com/chipset.html
It is hard to make a direct comparison.  It would be nice if Gigabyte
published useful stuff on their site (www.giga-byte.com).
Let me know if you try the 586-S.

Danny

/*  Daniel O'Callaghan                                                     */
/*  HiLink Internet <http://www.hilink.com.au/>;       danny@hilink.com.au  */
/*  FreeBSD - works hard, plays hard...                 danny@freebsd.org  */