Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:42:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Apu <apu@home.spfld.com>
To:        seti <seti@geotec.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FrontPage Extensions Authentication

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, seti wrote:

> which all went off without a hitch.  However when using the Frontpage
> 98/2000/XP client to access the FP enabled web, it simply does not ask me
> for any username and password, but instead allows me anonymously to
> edit/publish the webpage, from various workstations.  My workaround has been

You need to AllowOverride AuthConfig so Apache can process the
authentication configuration information in the .htaccess files.  (The
extensions actually ask for AllowOverride All but you can get away with
giving out less to the individual .htaccess files -- you really need more
than just AuthConfig but I don't recall exactly.)

--
 _
| |
http://www.spfld.com/