Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:34:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      efb@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL (Everett F Batey SysAdm)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help .. US-ISDN in English

Mein Deutsch sux .. I really need a lead to how to mount any cuaa0
capable ISDN modem an run to my ISP for my pin up .. would be nice to
use Motorola BitSurfer ..

Does this all act like a simple Hayes_analog_modem chat to connect or
is it completely different ports or//and drivers ..

Tried the point into deutschland .. no help there .. from the Brit I
found in deja-news search .. I gather Euro-ISDN is real different and
same for the British products.

I really want to keep using my BSD box as the sole internet interface
for each of my connections (ISP-pinned-up and dial-ups to customers).

Does ANYONE in the US do this ?  Can I get a lead to someone who has
done this ?  which oldest version of F.Bsd has worked or IS working ?
What port hardware is needed for single or dual bare .. ?  Really hate
the idea of losing my network wall and getting involved in Ascend ro
the like with a router costing more than my Unix-Pc.

Thanks for any help or tips .. YES I have done many hours of searching
the news, the largely obsolete FAQs as regards connections (2.0.x) and
the Handbook.

Thank you for supporting this huge BSD effort.  It is really a good
feeling to use an OS which so much personal investment and history.  I
came late to Unix (back east at APL in the 70s).

--
 + efb@suned1.nswses.Navy.MIL   efb@cotdazr.org   efb@oxnardsd.org   WA6CRE +
 + http:  /www.vcnet.com/efb    /halide.acs.uci.edu/GCSUG    /www.gitt.gov  +