Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:45:31 -0600
From:      "Brad Morgan" <B-Morgan@concentric.net>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.4-RC4 hang on Dell Dimension 4100

I have a Dell Dimension 4100 with a P-III 933MHz CPU and 256MB memory.

When I boot off of the 4.4-RC4 CD, the system hangs at the device probe in
/stand/sysinstall.

It has hung at the same place with the 4.2 CD, the 4.3 CD, and the floppies
from each of these releases.

I have 4.3-Release installed but I had to use the 5.0-current floppies from
the CDs I received with "The Complete FreeBSD" 3rd edition (4-4.2 CDs + 6
FreeBSD Toolkit dated February 2001).

Let me know what additional information is needed.

Regards,

Brad Morgan