Date:      Wed, 31 May 2006 12:50:30 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        kmacy@fsmware.com, freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd is self-hosting on the T1

Garance A Drosihn wrote this message on Wed, May 31, 2006 at 15:42 -0400:
> At 9:35 PM -0700 5/20/06, Kip Macy wrote:
> >I'm proud to announce that FreeBSD can now buildworld
> >on the UltraSPARC T1.
>
> Would this be able to run on a Sun Fire T1000 Server,
> 6 core, 1.0GHz UltraSPARC T1 processor machine?
>
> I'm somewhat tempted to buy one of these, but it costs
> enough that I'd want to be *sure* it is a reasonable
> machine for FreeBSD/sparc64!

There shouldn't be any reason it doesn't run, but we haven't tested it
on that hardware yet...  If it doesn't, I'm sure both Kip and myself
will be willing to help figure out why it doesn't...  The biggest issue
I can think of would be device drivers, but we are currently using OFW
for that, so it shouldn't be an issue...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579