Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:33:57 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Chuck Tuffli <chuck_tuffli@agilent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem running scsi_target

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 17:06:21 -0700, Chuck Tuffli wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I started playing with scsi_target and have run into a problem getting
> it up and running. When I run
>
> fluffy# scsi_target -d 0:1:0 ./test_file
> scsi_target: aio support tested ok
> scsi_target: TARGIOCENABLE: Device not configured
> scsi_target: cleanup called
>
> fluffy# dmesg |grep -i isp
> isp0: <Qlogic ISP 2200 PCI FC-AL Adapter> port 0x3000-0x30ff mem 0xfc204000-0xfc204fff irq 11 at device 1.0 on pci3
> isp0: port logout of iid 0
> (noperiph:isp0:0:1:0): enable lun CCB rejected, status 0x39
>
> It seems like there is some machine configuration step I missed, but
> I'm not sure what it was. Any ideas?
>
> The OS is 4.8 release with the following config

One thing I found, at least when connecting two Qlogic boards point to
point, is that they'll typically negotiate which target ID they're using.

In short, if target 1 isn't working for you, try target 0 instead.  (If
you've got the board hooked up to a switch, I'm not sure what will happen
as far as IDs go.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry