Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2012 13:31:07 -0700
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TLS on ARM and MIPS

On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:29 AM, Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:
> On 02/04/2012 11:04 AM, Jason Evans wrote:
>> I've been working on integrating jemalloc back into FreeBSD's libc, =
and ran into the lack of TLS on ARM and MIPS.  Is this something that's =
likely to be addressed soon?  If not, I'm going to have to modify libthr =
to deal with TSD bootstrapping issues -- FreeBSD's pthreads =
implementation *loves* to call malloc. =3D(
>>=20
>> While I'm asking about TLS, it's worth asking whether any of the =
other platforms still lack TLS support for non-PIC binaries.  If so, =
that will force the TSD issue anyway.
>=20
> How old is your source base?
>=20
> TLS support for ARM and MIPS has been committed about month ago.
> Revisions r232577-r232582 and r233106,r233107 fixes for ARM.

I'm currently running sources from March 24, but I don't have ARM or =
MIPS hardware.  Can we remove the NO_TLS definitions in =
src/lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c?  I can't test the result, of course=85

Thanks,
Jason=