Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2012 21:40:39 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 fragments firewall support?

On 9. Jun 2012, at 08:12 , list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com wrote:

> There's a sentence at the end of the "Fragment Handling" section of =
the pf.conf man page:
>=20
> "Currently, only IPv4 fragments are supported and IPv6 fragments are =
blocked unconditionally."
>=20
> This is in pf.conf(5) for FreeBSD versions using pf 4.1.  It looks =
like we only have pf 4.5 in HEAD and I believe support for IPv6 =
fragments didn't arrive until OpenBSD 5.0 (after the pf.conf format =
change).
>=20
> Is IPv6 fragmentation support still an issue?  I'm chasing down PMTU =
issues and came across this.  If it's the case, it would explain a lot =
of the problems I'm having with UDP over IPv6.

Yes, it's not there yet;  someone needs to cherry pick the commits and =
bring it over.  Glebius can you do that?

You can however unconditionally allow all fragments and trust a (bad) =
end host system:

pass log quick inet6 proto ipv6-frag all

(it has log set for a reason to be able to track them here)

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!