Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:14:18 -0700
From:      Peter Losher <plosher-keyword-freebsd.a36e57@plosh.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cardbus issues in -current (broken again)

--Boundary-02=_CtS1AybpqbOg/mc

Hi,

Around six weeks ago, there were some fixes Warner put in to -CURRENT so=20
that Cardbus cards would be recognized at boot time on laptops such as=20
my own (Inspiron 5100) instead of having to re-insert the card (as it=20
would throw up "cbb0: Cardbus activation failed" otherwise) after the=20
system finishes booting.

That was working all fine and well, until just over two weeks ago, when I=20
updated to the latest -CURRENT cut...  Ever since then, Cardbus refuses=20
to work at all.  (My old PC Card wireless NIC still works fine)  It just=20
repeatedly spurts out "cbb0: Cardbus activation failed" when=20
(re)inserting the Atheros based Cardbus NIC I had been using quite=20
successfuly before.

Have there been any changes to the Cardbus support in the last couple of=20
weeks?  One side effect is that FreeBSD now detects the onboard Broadcom=20
NIC again (It hadn't been detected since the MB on this laptop was=20
replaced by Dell tech support earlier this year)  Because of this, I did=20
try to disable the onboard NIC to see if that fixed the Cardbus=20
detection, but to no avail. :)

Best Wishes - Peter
=2D-=20
[ http://www.plosh.net/ ] - "Earth Halted: Please reboot to continue"