Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2011 15:43:12 +0200
From:      Zeus V Panchenko <zeus@ibs.dn.ua>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xf86-video-intel upgrade, anyone?

Joerg Wunsch (j@uriah.heep.sax.de) [11.01.05 15:23] wrote:
> Does perhaps anyone have another recommendation for a stat-of-the-art
> Dell notebook that works well with FreeBSD (at least from the X11
> perspective)?  That way, we could perhaps have it replaced at the
> dealer, rather than a complete return.

may be it's stupid but what about vesa driver? should work

i faced the same problem about one year with asus eeepc 1001p ... and
was forced to install there slackware (since it is much like freebsd)
... and now waiting for native freebsd support to change the os :)

it's sad to know the issue is not changed :(

--
Zeus V. Panchenko
IT Dpt., IBS ltd			      	        GMT+2 (EET)