Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:40:14 +0200
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 Beta2 - OO does not compile

Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> AFAIS Mozilla 1.0.2 does not build because of vulnerabilities. Can I
>> link to Mozilla 1.7.2 to build OO properly? I do not understand why
>> there is Mozilla 1.0.2 necessary to build OO.
>
> It's only the adressbook part which is needed. And these vulnerabilities
> don't apply to the use in OOO. If you like to port OOO to use Mozilla
> 1.7.2
> just go for it.

FWIIW, more vulnerabilities are listed at:
   <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html>;

Some of the network releated ones may even affect the adressbook,
although this is hard to verify in this context. You can always build
your port with `make DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES [... other arguments ...]'.

-Oliver