Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 1995 14:06:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Morgan Davis <root@io.cts.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, vak@cronyx.ru
Subject:   Re: wd0 detect fails

Bruce Evans writes:

> >So something has changed in the probing at startup that is causing it
> >to miss the drives hanging off this older caching controller.
>
> Cdrom support was added.  The following change looks wrong (but works
> here):

> It is being fussier.  than the old code about the bits that should be
> zero and sloppier about the bits that should be one.  I wouldn't have
> expected this to matter for drives that meet the spec.
>
> The new code also has some changes involving the b_active state.  These
> seemed OK.

If any changes are made to the source tree on this, let me know and
I'll rebuild to try it against this Promise caching controller to see
if it fixes it.  I couldn't tell from your message if you diff'd the
older (working/pre-CD-ROM) sources against current, or if those were
changes made after receiving my report.