Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:47:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Gregory A. Carter" <omni@dynmc.net>
To:        "Donald J. Maddox" <dmaddox@scsn.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creative AWE32/64 PnP support.

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Donald J. Maddox wrote:

:Yes.  You may have to manually set the PnP configuration of at least the
:AWE device the first time you boot a kernel with SBAWE support in it,
:though...  I compile my kernel with the following options so USERCONFIG
:just automagically fixes the PnP config evertime I boot:

Right now I'm running 2.2.7 and the device awe0 is set and it'll detect
awe0 at 620, but as for sb0, sbxvi0, sbmidi0, and opl0 it doesn't see
them. Any clue?

Kernel options relative are as follows:

controller      pnp0

controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
device awe0     at isa? port 0x620
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388

Greg

| Dynamic Networking Solutions                     InterX Technologies |
| Senior Network Administrator                          keyID 7DF9C285 |
| omni@interx.net omni@itstudio.net omni@undernet.org omni@webpop3.com |