Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:35:03 -0500
From:      Dave Grochowski <grocho98@students.rowan.edu>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upcoming Changes in Experimental X.org Modular Tree

Hey,

Florent Thoumie wrote:

>>> I just pushed my latest changes in the shared repo. As I said, it's now
>>> in sync with X.org 7.2-RC2. Things shouldn't change much now. There will
>>>  probably be some updates (xorg-server for sure, don't really know
>>> otherwise) by the end of the month (someone well informed told me that
>>> 7.2 release will be around a week late). Anyway, if you can reinstall
>>> from scratch do it, otherwise I'm not sure what's best for you.
>>>
>>> Good news is I'll probably have beryl 0.1.2 ports in the exp-tree by the
>>> end of the month. So if you had the possibility to try xorg-modular on a
>>> spare machine and still haven't done it, maybe beryl will convince you.
>>>

> It's in, I just added beryl and emerald ports. Have fun! :-)

Beryl works fine on my machine with the 1.0-9629 Nvidia driver.  I have
two suggestions though:

1. We probably should have a port for the emerald themes. I think Beryl
actually has a compilation of themes available on their site. If I find
some time I can whip it up.

2. Would it make more sense to have a Beryl meta-port? I can't imagine
that anyone would just install beryl-core and not beryl-plugins,
beryl-settings, and beryl-manager. I suppose it isn't that difficult to
install each port individually, but I figure that most people would want
to install them all at once.

Other than that, it works great! Thanks for the work on beryl and X.org!

Sincerely,
Dave Grochowski