Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:02:16 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: History Search in tcsh?

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 07:47:47AM -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> Thanks, that was driving me nuts!  I have one other "dumb" question.
> How should I have known that M-p equals ESC-p?

Through your Secret Ninja UNIX decoder ring.

Serously, you'd stumble across this in a book on the shell.  Knowledge
that esc/meta is one of those things that old hands Just Know, and new
users cry about.  :-(

If some new user felt like it, a friendly shell intro would be a
wonderful thing to add to our documentation...

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
my FreeBSD column: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons