Date:      Wed, 06 Sep 2000 12:07:14 +0400
From:      "Simakin Alexandr" <simakin@inbox.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CHROOT FOR CGI-SCRIPTS?

Hello!

 When I use /etc/ftpchroot file, I can restrict users access only to
his home directory. Users can read and write files only in his
home directory.
 So I need the same thing with users perl cgi-scripts on FreeBSD/Apache.
 I want users to run cgi-scripts (I know, how to do this)
but I don't want to allow them to read and write to other directories
out of his home directory.
 Does anybody knows how to do it?
 LET ME KNOW, PLEASE, IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!

 I don't want my server to be like this freehosting www.virtualave.net
 You may look at this hole:
http://webator.virtualave.net/cgi-bin/dir.pl?dir=/
there CD - change dir, RD - read file.