Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:50:58 +0100
From:      Joseph Rothstein <ziutek@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   APPLE USB extended keyboard not working

Hi there,

I've come across a strange problem while trying to install FreeBSD 5.3.

I am attempting to install 5.3 on a PC suing the only keyboard I have
available, which is an Apple USB extended one. I can get tot he
sysinstall screen, but the keyboard at this point does not respond. It
will respond earlier in the install process. The space bar works, and I
can stop the countdown to the boot mode. Verbose booting shows that the
keyboard is detected.

I found this link, but am not sure how (or if I should) adjust the
loader.conf to use the USB keyboard only.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?
query=ukbd&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+5.3-RELEASE

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards to all,
Joe