Date:      Thu, 29 May 2003 06:27:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "P. U. Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   console fonts

Hi!

Something (the last system update or me myself) has messed up my
console fonts.

These are the symptoms:
- pseudographic characters which are needed to display useful
  tools like /stand/sysinstall and the midnight-commander look
  awful. Strange symbols are displayed instead of neat lines.
- In vi and pine I can't use the arrow up and down keys anymore
- On the other hand on my tcshell german "umlauts" are displayed
  correctly, which could be a nice feature (if there were any
  unix commands with german umlauts :-) )
- on my gnome desktop everything is ok.

My LANG is set to de_DE.ISO8859-15 and I am running last week's
-CURRENT.
I tried to play around with vidcontrol and kbdcontrol but
couldn't work out a solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Uli.