Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:36:38 -0400
From:      "G.R. Gaudreau" <grgaud@pop3.sprint.ca>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New to FreeBSD

At 02:58 PM 8/20/98 +1000, Sue Blake wrote:
>Oh :-( I'm a bit too newbie for that but some others might pipe in.
>
>A few newbies have mentioned being interested in learning C, and I came
>up with an idea for doing it on line but haven't filled in all the details
yet.

>If you're intending to learn C, especially if you'll be teaching
>yourself, take a peek at http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/StudyGroup/
>in a couple of hours and let me know what you think.
>
>Learning C isn't really a FreeBSD topic, but it's a closely related
>interest of many newbies. Write to me off the list if you want to
>discuss the details or tell me why it won't work.

On this last point Sue, I beg to differ. C is related to FreeBSD newbies,
because:

1) simply because it's an integral part of the FreeBSD package, that some
newbies might wnat to play around with. You know how kids are: they like to
play with fire. ;o)

2) because, as you mentioned, C is of interest to some Newbies

and 3) because FreeBSD, if I'm not mistaken, is entirely written in C.

Imho, that makes it a topic suitable for discussion on this list. Beside,
you shouldn't be intimidated by people who are picky about what subjects we
write about on this list. ;o)

G.R. Gaudreau
grgaud@sprint.ca
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/5783/