Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:43:54 -0400
From:      "Tien Duc Nguyen" <bg591591@er.uqam.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   number of snoop devices

Hi all,

On a stock FreeBSD 4.6 Release install, after recompiling the kernel with 25
snoop devices, I'm stuck with at most 10 watch-ed snoop devices. At first,
/dev/MAKEDEV snp10 doesn't work, so I've created the 11th snoop device by
hand with 'mknod snp10 c 53 `unit2minor 10`' but watch complains about
attaching to the 11th tty (ttypa). Therefore, I was wondering if there's a
limit in the number of snoop devices watch can monitor (having seen anyone
using 3-5 devices), or am I doing something wrong here?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Tien Duc