Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 18:39:57 -0700
From:      Daniel Berlin <DanielB@university.microsoft.com>
To:        'Wes Peters' <wes@softweyr.com>, Daniel Berlin <DanielB@university.microsoft.com>
Subject:   RE: disassembling i386 code

> What sort of botched up laptop did you get?

Compaq armada 7800.  PII/366, 128Meg, 14gig, 14.1" S3 Virge/MX
This was before i just upgraded the BIOS, now FreeBSD runs fine.
The real problem is that i need AcceleratedX to get an X server that can use
the Virge/MX properly, so that i don't lose 80% of the performance (this is
an official statistic).  It hurts my eyes to watch it.

> quite nicely
> on my shiny new Sony F160.  PII/300, 64MB, 4.3GB, 14.1" NeoMagic.
> I haven't gotten sound working yet, but I haven't tried.  This little
> box is COOL.

I know where you are coming from.

> Now, I need to dump some of the Sony-supplied windows spooge
> so I can free
> up a Gig or so for BeOS.  ;^)

hehe.