Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:20:01 -0500
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re-organizing the directory hierarchy?

I'm going to speak for myself and not portmgr here.

My take has always been that looking through the Ports Collection should
be done by some high-level search tool (e.g. website).  Just looking
through the raw portnames, even if they have descriptions, is mind-
numbing.

I don't believe that we should force users to do a great deal of work
on updating their systems to optimize for looking through the hierarchy
by command-line tools.  They're just the wrong tool for the job, in
this case.

IMHO.

mcl