Date:      Fri, 2 May 1997 07:26:12 +0000
From:      "Keith Spencer" <bsd@smmc.qld.edu.au>
To:        mike@NetworX.ie, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A tiny bit of help?

Hi Mike an others,
I saw this and wondered what probelms were encountered?

> I've just installed
> FreeBSD 2.2.2 and a range of network tools (sendmail,
> named, apache, squid, etc.) and it's just fabulous.

This is precisely what I am trying to do but am a little blind.
Would you be willing to field a few qustions?

sendmail & named...are they on the CD dist? what are their file
names?

did you install squid before or after install of system? I am have a
" squid shouldn't be root" type error reported.

How did you go about setting up PPP...does it dial out to an ISP?
I tried using the install.bat PPP utility to set up modem on com2 but
couldn't get any joy.

Thanks

Keith Spencer
Teacher...St Margaret Marys College