Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 2006 01:17:05 +0100
From:      Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dependencies for x11-servers/xorg-server

Doug Barton schreef:
> Rene Ladan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know if this is caused by portmaster or the modular xorg-server,
>
> Are you referring to the 7.x version? If so, I haven't had a chance to
> test that yet.

Yes, the current version referenced from
http://wikitest.freebsd.org/ModularXorg

>> but whenever I update x11-servers/xorg-server using portmaster, it tries
>> to reinstall the already installed x11-fonts/fontsproto and
>> x11-fonts/xf86bigfontsproto, resulting in the FORCE_PKG_REGISTER message.
>
> Is it possible that these ports have alternate versions, similar to
> bison and bison2? If so, portmaster depends on appropriate CONFLICTS
> being set to handle that issue. If there are not alternate versions,
> please send me the directory from /var/db/pkg that is created after the
> port is installed, and the port itself and I'll take a look.

The ports have just one version.  Could it be caused by wrong CATEGORIES
values in the Makefiles?  Some of these ports have moved from x11 to
x11-something-better lately, without updating MOVED.

>> Attached is the dependency tree for xorg-server.
>
> That's very interesting, what tool did you use to generate that?

sysutils/pkg_tree run with the -v option.

--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001