Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:44:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD shutting down unexpectedly

Yuri Lukin <freebsd@swaggi.com> wrote:
 > Does anyone know if there's a document that shows what a normal operating
 > temperature (and maximum) is for an Intel Pentium processor? Mine is a
 > PIII Socket370 1.26Ghz and according to mbmon, average temp is 35 degrees
 > Celcius.

I don't have the exact specs, but 35 C seems to be very
harmless.  That's even low enough that it won't hurt if
you touch it.  :-)

All processors known to me can take temperatures well over
50 C.  Some modern processors can even do more than 80 C
without harm.

Best regards
   Oliver

"I made up the term 'object-oriented', and I can tell you
I didn't have C++ in mind."
        -- Alan Kay, OOPSLA '97