Date:      Sat, 4 Feb 2012 18:19:02 +0200
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav <des@des.no>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Prefaulting for i/o buffers

--apqMg07LpBOyFFAR

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 04:29:45PM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav wrote:
> Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> writes:
> > I previously published the patches to convert i/o path to use VMIO,
> > based on the Jeff Roberson proposal, see
> > http://wiki.freebsd.org/VM6. As a side effect, the VM6 fixed the
> > deadlock. Since that work is very intrusive and did not got any
> > follow-up, it get stalled.
>=20
> If it works, and you commit it now, we have at least a year to shake it
> down before the 10.0 release cycle...
If it were KibBSD, the suggested route of action might be indeed reasonable.
But, since our VM and VFS is the community efforts, I cannot and do not
want to force other developers working in the same area to suffer from
my mistakes. In other words, this cannot go in without community review
and acceptance.

--apqMg07LpBOyFFAR

--apqMg07LpBOyFFAR--