Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:10:09 +0530
From:      Shantanu Mahajan <shantanoo+fbsd@ieee.org>
To:        Happy Clown <h4ppycl0wn@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make iso.1 bootable image problem

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

+++ Happy Clown [freebsd] [24/12/02 00:33 +0000]:
| Then
|      > chroot /usr/release
|      > cd /usr/src/release
|      > make iso.1
|=20
| This also went through ok.
|=20
| My problem is... the ISO images created don't appear to be bootable. At=
=20
| least they're not recognised as such by the burning software I'm using=20
| (Nero... OK, I'm burning them on a windows machine :-/ that's where the=
=20
| burner is).
|=20
| Am I missing any options with the make iso.1 command or any other steps t=
o=20
| make these ISO images bootable? Any helpful suggestions from anyone?
|=20

	What do you mean by "don't appear to be bootable"?
Did you burn it and then found out that its not bootable?
After going through /usr/src/release/Makefile, I realize
that the image created is bootable. Why don't you burn it
and test?

Regards,
Shantanu

--=20
Everyone is a genius.  It's just that
some people are too stupid to realize it.=20

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G--