Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 03:59:19 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Jason Nordwick <nordwick@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>, The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux as a Mozilla total reference platform

The challenge is to change the sleeper type attitude on this group with
respect to marketing and to get advocacy type messages out on the
world .

For example, we *really* need to change http://www.freebsd.org
to convey a feeling of activity and success around FreeBSD. I posted
a simple request for someone to volunteer to revamp the web page and
got ZERO response. Why is that? Is it because the group is lazy when
it comes to promoting FreeBSD , the group does not understand the
importance of demonstrating the capability and success of FreeBSD, or
we don't have any web developers?  I sincerely believe that the
answer to my question is (a) we are lazy when it comes to promoting
FreeBSD.

Now, if this was a Linux forum , I bet we would have had by now several
dozen volunteers for the task . I believe thats the biggest difference
between FreeBSD and Linux .

	Amancio