Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:13:04 -0500
From:      Nicholas Merrill <nick@calyx.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving from Linux to FreeBSD

At 04:09 PM 1/15/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello.
>
>I'm going to upgrade our mail/www-server. It's now running a very old
>version of Linux, and on the new server I want to run FreeBSD. My
>question is if there is an easy way of moving the user accounts from Linux
>to FreeBSD? Can I just copy the password file and home directory? Or is
>there some other way to do this? Any other things I should have in mind
>when doing this?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe the trick to that is to
use the DES crypto libraries.

But I guess you can't do that from .se?

Nick
Nicholas Merrill      24 Hour pager: 917-381-0500     Voice: 212-965-0946
President / CEO       http://www.calyx.net            Fax  : 212-292-7313
Calyx Internet Access 13-17 Laight St. NYC, NY 10013  Email: nick@calyx.net