Date:      Wed, 28 May 2003 23:41:44 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spammers forged my address - help unbury me from bounces?

--=-=-=

Some jackass(es) sent a bunch of spam with forged From: headers referring to
non-existent accounts on one of my domains.  Consequently, I've been getting
about 20,000 bounce messages per day to Erin@honeypot.net,
Michelle@honeypot.net, etc.  What's a good way to handle these?  If I set up
aliases to /dev/null, then I still have to receive an entire bounce message
before silently discarding it (and even worse, have to watch the
SpamAssassin milter process it before discarding it).  If I don't set up any
aliases for those users, then I get bounce messages from my own mailserver
telling me that it couldn't deliver the original bounce messages to the fake
usernames.

Help!

What I really want is something like:

if ($user =3D=3D 'Erin' or $user =3D=3D 'Michelle')
{
   send 550 to remote server
   do nothing else at all
}

Is this possible?  Please save me from being pushed over the line, buying a
paintball gun, and going hunting.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser

--=-=-=