Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:23:34 +0800
From:      Billy Ma <sbirdy@netvigator.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DNS:concept quest.on run more than 1 mail server at same time

--------------C63E6FF22182DE8183D61AF5

Dear sir,
             We have a web site that run qpopper on a freebsd, support
about 70
persons, over 1000 mail per day, no joking, and recently, and we found
that
we need to setup more that one mail server, and I found some doc. how to

defined, however, they all mention  that defined more than one,In case
one
is down, the other can replace.
             So, I have some question hope you can help.

1. Does it mean I can only use one mail server,received & send at same
time,
    the other is for backup only?

2. If not, how to defined more than one mail server to run at same time,
AND
    all users can defined ONLY ONE name in mail box preference e.g
    users filled in netscape,  mail.example.com  at   mail box name
field.

    mail    IN CNAME mx1.example.com
               IN CNAME mx2.example.com

Is it OK?   they can dynamic received and send mail, or my concept is
wrong?

3. beside, any suggestion on pop3 program?  do you think there are other
one
    run on FreeBSD that better than qpopper?

THANK YOU!!

--------------C63E6FF22182DE8183D61AF5

begin:          vcard
fn:             Ma Billy
n:              Billy;Ma
org:            Continental Air Express (HK) Ltd.
email;internet: sbirdy@netvigator.com
title:          System Support
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE