Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 17:31:56 -0400
From:      Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
To:        Todd Cohen <cohentl@clarkson.edu>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: webbrowsers

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 04:22:14PM -0400, Todd Cohen wrote:
> Hey guys,
> 	Just wondering what web browser(s) are available for FreeBSD 4.0?
> I know linux can run the tru64 version of netscape using the libraries
> that compaq released, anyway to do the same on freebsd? I tried compiling
> Mozilla R14 but it died from errors.
>
> -Todd

I'm running the Tru64 Netscape 4.7 without any problems.  Even Java and
Javascript work perfectly.  You need to build /usr/ports/emulators/osf1_base.
It won't install netscape, so you should copy it over to
/compat/osf1/usr/lib/netscape.  It'll be within the work directory of
osf1_base.  Also add: osf1_enable="YES" to your /etc/rc.conf and you're
all set.

-Mark