Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 12:21:29 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@miami.edu>
Subject:   Re: PR-27056

Joe,

Joe Clarke wrote:
> In order to prevent kscd from crashing at startup, add a symlink in /dev
> that points your CD-ROM device to /dev/cdrom.  For example, if you use an
> ATAPI CD:
>
> ln -s /dev/acd0c /dev/cdrom

Yeah, I found that out, see the audit trail. I'm just wondering how new users
can be warned about this in advance. If someone else tries installing kde2
from ports, and then runs kscd, it will core dump. This should not be the
case. The user should either be notified after installing kde2 or kscd, or the
program should just display a warning or something.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
Java Architect

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ