Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:53:50 -0600
From:      Steve Eck <seck@d.umn.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5 install problem

At 08:58 AM 11/13/97 -0800, Doug White wrote:
>So what's your problem?  The cd devices are:
>
>SCSI cdrom
>Old Mitsumi CD interface
>Old Sony CD interface
>Old Matstushita / Panasonic interface
>
>It doesn't look like your IDE CD was found though.  Scroll back further on
>vty0 and see if your CDROM was found during the wdc? boot probes.

The problem was the fact that /stand/sysinstall wasn't actually doing
anything, it was just sitting there with a blank screen.  I fixed the
problem anyways, it turned out that it is the atapi zip drive that is on
the second ide device that caused it to hang.  When I disabled wd1
sysinstall started perfectly.  (the atapi zip drive and ide cdrom were both
found during probing, but aparently freebsd tried to access the zip drive
or something) Thanks anyways.

Steve Eck