Date:      Sat, 9 Oct 1999 20:16:50 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        rjesup@wgate.com (Randell Jesup)
Cc:        groudier@club-internet.fr (Gerard Roudier), winter@jurai.net (Matthew N. Dodd), scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver for GDT6517RD RAID controller

Randell Jesup wrote...
> "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org> writes:
> >In any case, FreeBSD does support target mode.  The only chips it currently
> >works for are the Adaptec 7890/1 and 7896/7.  It may also work on the 7895,
> >although I'm not positive about that.  (Justin would know.)  Those are the
> >only Adaptec chips with the instruction space needed to fit the target mode
> >Adaptec firmware.
>
> 	Cool.  Perhaps I'll look at adding target mode to some of the
> NCR 53xNNN* chips; they certainly can support it.  Thanks for the info.

You should probably coordinate with Gerard Roudier, and probably Justin
Gibbs as well.

> 	Has anyone here used target-mode?  Or written an IP transport layer
> on top of it?

Justin has used target mode.  (Obviously, since he wrote the Adaptec driver
support for it.)  I think his setup was/is primarily processor target
devices on both ends.

No one (as far as I know) has written an IP transport layer on top of it.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org