Date:      Sun, 02 May 1999 10:14:31 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Ghulam Dastgir <banta@ghulam.force9.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printers

> Ghulam Dastgir wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I use FBSD 2.2.6 and am looking for a supported inkjet printer that
> can also support POSTSCRIPT format.
> Can you recommend any models??
> Thanks,
> Ghulam

I thought you were asking an impossible question. Postscript and
Inkjet were not a likely choice in my mind. I have an HP1600c and for
$500 US I could add Postscript 2. The world is going to Postscript 3
but that is a different problem.

I was looking at PC Connection's catalog and found a couple. There are
specific model's of LexMark Optra's and Xerox inkjet printers that
have Postscript 2 built into them. None of the BJC, Epson, or HP
inkjet's are listed with PostScript. The HP's are usually rated as
having the most vibrant colors with a drop in resolution when you
compare them to an Epson. When you get to doing image quality greater
than 600x600 on an inkjet, life suddenly starts running very slowly.
The old rule of you get two choices of speed, quality, and price still
applies.
--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html