Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 09:41:45 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>, "Tony Kuta" <Winged@pflash.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: News Relay

I've implemented several different solutions for this.  The easiest, is to
give your IPs to your news provider and point your customers directly to
their server.

Another solution, rather poor, is to use netcat in combination with tcpd.
You don't want to have the relay wide open, else people will find it, and
get your service turned off.

A good combination of this, would be to use something like nntpcache.  This
requires a bit of a machine, but nothing compared to running your own
full-blown server.

Enjoy,

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

It's always a long day, 86400 doesn't fit into a short.