Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 12:51:07 -0500
From:      jhendrex <jhendrex@freewwweb.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Vinum install

Hi All,
This newbie's (eternal student/newbie) having trouble getting started
and a quick question. I have always detested the slackspace loss on hard
drives. Correct me if I'm wrong, Vinum seems a way to so arrange drive
configuration that a more efficient usage results (ie.,less slackspace).

Q1) Is this not one of the potential benefits of Vinum?

 Have read & studied 'til I'm blue in the face, but I am missing
something.  New nstall. wd0=8.4 Gb and wd1=13 Gb. I want to setup about
2 Gb for Dos & Win3.11, the balance to be FreeBSD 3.4. (I just bought
the 10 cdrom set including 3rd edition)I think I would like to do a
Vinum volume (concat) for each physical drive? Volume names sDc_1 &
sDc_2 (either as prefix or sufix if other verbage is needed.) We've
fdisked first for DOS and left 6 Gb unused. I've experience with a
couple of Linux & FreeBSD 3.4 installs. Not much help on the newsgroups
on Vinum. <comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc>

Q2) "HOW" do I start to setup and actually INSTALL Vinum. Can you
outline HOW to start?

thanks,
John