Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:32:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vince Valenti <vince@blue-box.net>
To:        Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
Cc:        Vince Valenti <vince@bendcable.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "\"nate\"" <freebsd@aphroland.org>
Subject:   Re: sudden reboots

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Jonathan Arnold wrote:

JA> > My mail server has suddenly rebooted several times since I've upgraded it to
JA> > 4.5-RELEASE (RELENG_4_5).  It never happened with RELENG_4_4.  It is a Dell
JA> > PowerEdge 6350.  Any ideas?
JA>
JA> It could be flakey memory. Maybe 4_5 uses more memory, thus stressing
JA> an area that hadn't been stressed before?

This doesn't seem that likely to me...  Both before and after the upgrade,
it used about the same amount of memory.  There are usually many processes
running on top of FreeBSD...

Does anyone know of anything I should look out for when downgrading
FreeBSD?  I'd like to put it back at RELENG_4_4 to avoid filesystem
corruption if I can't fix it.

--
Vince Valenti
Systems Administrator